Friday, April 30, 2010

The Nitty Gritty Card of the Day... Tall and Slick Edition

Today’s Nitty Gritty Card of the Day is a 1964 Topps Giants, card #7 of the Chairman of the Board Whitey Ford. This card came to me from legendary blogger and traded Wicked Ortega from the My Past Time, I Love It! Blog. The back of the card celebrates Ford winning his 10th World Series game. That event came in 1962 when Ford’s Yankees beat the Giants in 1962. He appeared in 2 more World Series with the Yankees in 1963 and ’64, but Ford was winless and the Yankees lost to the Dodgers and Cards those years. The ’64 loss to the Cards was Ford’s 11th World Series appearance. He was on the winning end 6 times out of 11. His career World Series record is 10-8 with a 2.71 ERA in 22 World Series starts. Thanks so much for this tall card Wicked! I love this hobby! I love this set! 46 years LATER!

1 comment:

  1. I liked Whity Ford because my friend and I had a Whitey Ford card that we traded back and forth. Unfortunately, he ended up with the card and I haven't seen it since.

    ReplyDelete